Internet marketing is the promotion of goods and services through the Internet. Depending on the turnover of the business and the sphere they work in, entrepreneurs and businessman use various channels from PPC to blogging, where they share useful content. For example, they show how-to videos to promote brand products naturally.
Unlike traditional advertising in newspapers, television, radio, banners, billboards, posters, Internet marketing functions online only.
It provides effective lead generation and communication tools to interact with audiences, measure engagement and brand loyalty. Popular online marketing channels include email marketing, PPC, SMM, messengers, chat bots, web push notifications, and search engine optimization.
Let’s take a look at the most important benefits of internet marketing.
- Global coverage. According to Statista, 4.3 billion people use the Internet, which is 56% of the world’s population. Internet marketing allows you to orient on your target audience using various channels in different countries and adapt advertising camaings according to the tasks set. For example, you can target Google or Facebook advertisement based on users’ location by choosing a country, city, or even a region.
- Accuracy. Besides location targeting, you can target campaigns based on gender, age, user habits and behavior. Powerful internet marketing technologies help you advertise products to the right people in the right place and when they are most likely to buy it.
- Profitability. Online marketing is significantly less expensive than traditional marketing because it does not require physical resources. Its high accuracy makes it cost-effective because you pay to get the people interested. In the case of traditional advertising, one can only guess how many people would find it relevant. And guesswork takes a lot of time and money.
- Positive user experience. Online marketing helps provide audiences with a personal shopping experience. For example, you can send emails based on data that users share with you. Facebook ads, in turn, are based on user preferences and the groups and pages they like. Web companion review will help gain much more clients from all over the world.
- Automation. Processes such as lead generation, lead nurturing and customer retention can be set up once and then they will work independently. For example, automated emailing is a great way to offload the marketing and support team. Automation allows you to send customers the information they need on time to help them navigate the buyer’s trip.
Online marketing offers channels for companies with different income, reach strategies, and customer relationship models. Let’s find out how email marketing, SEO, SMM and chatbots can enrich your strategy.
This channel allows you to build strong relationships with users who have signed up to receive brand emails. You can build a mailing list by posting signup forms and lead magnets on your website or blog. In exchange for the user’s email address, offer a gift, relevant content, or a discount.
Send automatic welcome emails to new subscribers and increase loyalty with personal content.
To make emails as relevant as your subscribers expect, use the information they share when they sign up and analyze their behavior on the site and in mailings.
Create individually customized letters for each client. To do this, track their progress in using the service.
To be successful in email marketing, you need to choose a reliable and reputable email newsletter service. This way you can send thousands of emails in one day and avoid spam.
In email marketing, it is extremely important to focus on customer satisfaction as this will build user confidence in your brand.
Search engine optimization
This channel is very useful due to the nature of modern shopping. Most of us, before purchasing a product, look for information about it on the Internet in order to compare offers from different companies. Users turn to search engines such as Google and Yandex. People enter certain keywords (search terms) into the search bar and get a list of sites with offers that match their inqueries.
To beat off the competition and drive a lot of organic traffic to your website, you need to create content that matches such inqueries. Make sure your site is in the top 10 because 75% of conversions on Google come from the first page of search results.
To achieve this goal, follow these SEO best practices:
optimize your content for search engines, but make sure it is readable and interesting to people;
use long-tail keywords, for example, “seo search engine optimization” or “seo promotion on google”;
add videos and images;
use correct headings, meta descriptions and text markup;
increase the speed of loading pages;
get backlinks from sites that are relevant to you.
SEO is a long-term strategy that requires consistency and patience. If you need faster results, use the platform to launch targeted advertising campaigns Google Ads. It will help certain pages to rank high in search results.
SMM. According to Broadband Search, people spend about 145 minutes on social media every day. This makes social media an ideal place to advertise products to your target audience. Giants such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and many others provide ample opportunities for advertising.
Facebook and Instagram are among the leaders in traffic, with two billion monthly active users. These sites make it easy to create advertisements and target them to specific audiences. For this, Facebook collects and processes a huge amount of user data.
Similar to search engine marketing, you can engage with your audience organically or through paid advertising.
By “organically” we mean creating groups or pages to provide users with useful and relevant content in order to gradually increase the audience. Reveal hot topics and show your expertise. Giveaways and grand brand products in exchange for Facebook subscriptions will accelerate audience growth.
Combine paid and organic approaches to get the most out of your social media experience.
You can interact with clients not only on Facebook, but also through other social networks, because the number of active users of these social networks is growing every year. Therefore, do not miss the opportunity to maintain the loyalty of your users on these sites.
This channel helps to automate communication with clients through messengers such as Facebook Messenger, Viber, Telegram, WhatsApp, and so on.
Brands create chat bots – chains of pre-prepared responses to provide customers with all the information they need about the company, products and services. The bot will help the user to book a table in a restaurant, place an order from the store directly in the chat, and inform about updates.
It is important that only the user initiates communication with the brand’s chatbot. After he clicks “Start”, the company receives permission to send him information and advertising messages.